Sunday, October 4, 2009

Note to self: Check the weather

Through the magic of social networking sites, blogs, and text messages, I manage to keep tabs on friends and acquaintances scattered across the country. Passe as it might seem, the weather is sometimes worth comment. This past week, it warranted comment from quite a few people as the entire continental United States was simultaneously thrown headlong into autumn. Though I'm sad to see the end of summer, I suppose it's just what comes with living in a region with seasons varying beyond "wet" and "dry."

I had an additional problem with this abrupt seasonal change, though. I had just departed on a tour through Chicago and Detroit, and neglected to pack much in the way of warm clothing. Whoops! This was exacerbated by the fact that the only jeans I had which were loose enough to leave me clothing-mark free are all ripped to hell- there are tears under the back pockets and giant holes in the knees. I'd intended to bring another pair that would be suitable for wearing pre-shoot, but those were forgotten in Indianapolis. Double whoops! Suffice to say, my time exploring Chicago during my downtime was not nearly so pleasant as it might have been otherwise.

So, fine, lesson learned. Even if I'm not going far, I will take the time to check out what the weather will be when I'm on the road. And in the meantime, it's time to start preparing myself for a winter of chilly studios and even chillier outdoor shoots.

No comments:

Post a Comment